Tips For Picking An Egg Or Sperm Donor For North Houston IVF
Many patients who visit our North Houston fertility clinic are not only looking to start a family through the Kingwood IVF and The Woodlands IVF process, but they also need either an egg or sperm donor in order to begin. Given the importance of this decision due to a number of factors, those who need a donor may not know where to start. Keep reading to discover our tips for selecting an egg or sperm donor for your North Houston IVF treatment.
Who Is A Good Candidate For Using Donor Eggs Or Sperm At Our North Houston Fertility Clinic?
Donor eggs are recommended for women struggling with infertility due to the following reasons:
- Age-Related Diminished Ovarian Reserve: age contributes to infertility, so many women with low egg counts or poor egg quality choose to receive donor eggs.
- Premature Ovarian Failure: oftentimes issues such as chemotherapy, radiation treatments, autoimmune disorders, and genetic factors lead to low egg count, as well.
- Genetic Mutations or Disease: Multiple miscarriages are often discovered to be the result of genetic anomalies that prevent a viable pregnancy, often requiring the use of donor eggs.
Finding a Suitable Egg Donor for Your North Houston IVF Treatment
Often, couples choose someone they know and trust to serve as an egg donor for their Kingwood IVF or The Woodlands IVF treatment. But sometimes patients need or choose to turn elsewhere when selecting an egg donor, such as these viable options:
- Egg Donor Agency: These organizations connect healthy egg donors with intending parents, often helping couples find donors who match specific genetic traits. The donor and the parent will usually undergo the IVF process at the same time so that their menstrual periods line up.
- Egg Bank: Sometimes donors choose to freeze their eggs and store them in an egg bank. Just like at an agency, an egg bank may be able to match intending parents with certain characteristics they might be looking for.
Finding a Suitable Sperm Donor for Your North Houston IVF Treatment
There are many reasons a sperm donor may be needed, including male infertility, single women seeking parenthood, or same-sex couples looking to start a family. Regardless of the reason, it’s important for patients to know what to look for and how to locate a sperm donor for the Kingwood IVF or The Woodlands IVF process.
Just like with egg donors, sometimes sperm donors are someone intending parents already know and trust. Though some choose to find a donor from a sperm bank instead. These are organizations that keep sperm donations and have a database available for intending parents to browse, allowing parents to choose sperm from donors who have preferred genetic characteristics. Our North Houston fertility clinic has a list of reputable sperm banks and can help you find the right donor.
Once a donor has been selected, the sperm will be sent to our Kingwood fertility clinic or The Woodlands fertility clinic, where we can use it for either Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) or In Vitro Fertilization (IVF).
Our Kingwood Fertility Clinic and The Woodlands Fertility Clinic Can Help You Find a Suitable Egg or Sperm Donor
No matter the reason for seeking an egg or sperm donor for the North Houston IVF process, our Kingwood fertility clinic or The Woodlands fertility clinic can help you begin your journey. Call us today to schedule an appointment and discuss your options with our fertility specialists. We look forward to working with you!